PARENT AND CARER MESSAGE BULLETIN – Friday 12th June 2020
Dear Parents and Carers
Further to our update in last week’s Trust Bulletin, parents of Year 10 and Year 12 students at both KHS and TGS have received detailed information about our respective extended opening plans.
Copies of the KHS letters for Year 10 and Year 12 can be viewed at the following links:
- KHS Year 10: http://www.kinghenry.org.uk/year-10-extended-opening/
- KHS Year 12: http://www.kinghenry.org.uk/year-12-extended-opening/
Copies of parental communication for both Townley@home and extended opening for Year 10 and Year 12 can be found at:
Whilst the relevant dates and details differ across our two schools, to meet the needs of our individual sites and students, there are some common principles that we have both embedded into our plans.
Key principles of extended opening:
- The first priority for both schools is the safety of staff and students. As such both schools have ensured that no more than 25% of Year 10s / Year 12s are planned to be on site at any one time once extended opening commences.
- Specific classrooms and school areas are undergoing significant preparation to ensure that social distancing requirements are in place.
- The number of students allocated to a specific classroom each day will be capped, in line with government guidance.
- Upon entry onto the school site, students who are allocated to each day will be required to have a temperature check before beginning the school day.
- Remote learning will continue to be the primary method of student learning until the end of the Summer Term, with work continuing to develop a new Odyssey Online resource bank.
- Supporting students’ well-being, as well as their academic progress, will be central to the provision offered in both schools.
- Parents/carers of students in Year 7-9 will receive further guidance and support from both schools over the coming days, as these students will not be returning to the schools physically before the end of the Summer Term.
In both schools, detailed risk assessments have been completed with every precaution being taken to ensure the safety of students and safe.
Once again, we would like to thank all parents/carers for their ongoing support. We look forward to welcoming small groups of Year 10 and Year 12 students back into our physical schools (TGS from 15th June and KHS from 22ndJune).
Very best wishes,
King Henry School
Townley Grammar School