Parent Workshop –
King Henry School would like to invite parents and carers to an evening workshop provided by Inner Drive.
“Our parent growth mindset workshop uses the latest psychological research to help parents help their children develop a growth mindset. This includes understanding the importance of hard work, how to ask for and use feedback better, how to cope better with setbacks and how to embrace new situations and change. As a result, students will be better equipped to be resilient learners. The workshop covers numerous strategies and tips that parents can start implementing straight away.”
The workshop will be held on:
Thursday 14th March 2019 - 6pm at King Henry School
What is Growth Mindset?
Growth mindset refers to a learning theory developed by Dr Carol Dweck. It revolves around the belief that you can improve intelligence, ability and performance. The opposite, a fixed mindset, refers to the belief that a person’s talents are set in stone . Years of research have shown that mindset is malleable. This means that by helping students to develop a growth mindset, we can help them to learn more effectively and efficiently.
Advantages of a Growth Mindset
There is a lot of peer-reviewed research on the pros of encouraging a growth mindset in students.
- Knowing how to ask for feedback and attempt work that challenges them, giving up less easily.
- Coping with change and developing strategies to enable them to deal with difficulties.
- Increasing a sense of wellbeing and reducing anxiety and stress.
- It Improves self-esteem, and a positive approach to learning.
- Developing the ability to work collaboratively with others.
If you would like to attend, please confirm the number of seats required by email to: email@example.com
Look forward to seeing you there!