What is Accelerated Reader?
- An Information and Communication Technology based programme.
- You have an individual log in that is accessed in school and can be accessed at home on the internet.
- Your English teacher will guide you to take three reading tests per year.
- This gives you a reading age and a colour.
- You use the website to take book quizzes after reading a book of your colour.
How does it work?
- Books are age-appropriate and cover a wide range of interests.
- You have the freedom to choose a book from within your colour.
- The library is there to be used! There is an Accelerated Reader library lesson timetabled in once per fortnight in English lessons.
- You can go to the library on designated days and after school for homework club.